What is the School Advisory Council?
The School Advisory Council (The Council) is composed of the administrative team (Pastor and Principal) and the members of the Council.
The Council meets the second Thursday of each month, except July, in the Altar Society Room, located in the Parish Center. All meetings are open to the public, with the exception of special sessions, which are designated as executive.
Anyone wishing to have a topic included in the agenda must submit this request to the principal or the council chairperson no later than seven (7) days prior to the meeting. All regular meetings will have a time for Visitor Comments, time may be limited. Anyone wishing to address the council may do so during this time, however, the council may choose not to respond.
The Advisory Council uses a consensus model of decision-making with responsibilities in the following areas:
1. Planning — sets goals and plans for the future in light of the Mission Statement.
2. Policy Development — recommends direction for administrative action.
3. Financing — plans and monitors ways to finance the educational programs including tuition, development and fundraising plans, allocating resources according to budget.
4. Public Relations — assists administration with promoting educational programs and recruiting students.
5. Evaluation — determines whether the Advisory Council’s goals and plans are
being met, and determines the Council’s own effectiveness. Personnel evaluation is the responsibility of the administration.
The following are members of the School Advisory Council, and their terms of service:
2010-2013 2011-2014 2012-2015
Bill Ketchum* Phil Brady Neita Cecil
Analene Pentopoulos Michelle Dollarhide Kristi McCavic*
Vicki Petroff Julie Dosier* Nicole Pashek
*Member serving second term.
**Member appointed to serve an unexpired term, may serve two additional terms.